The MORSE system is also ideal for applications which are demanding on both security and reliability such as data transmission to and from metro trains. In the Portuguese town of Porto RACOM radio modems are communicating just as reliably in tunnels as they are above ground.
- IP over SDH for connecting base stations
- Use of special radiating cables in underground parts of the metro
- Redundant backbone network for ensuring maximum reliability
- The MORSE network allows data transfer for:
- Determining the locations of trains
- Messaging (centre to driver)
- Train status