RipEX-HS is a hot standby master station, 1+1 redundant, fully monitored, hot swappable equipment.
It is assembled with two standard RipEX units, each powered by its own independent power supply. A controller takes care of automatic changeover in case of failure. Changeover conditions are widely configurable. Since both units are booted and use identical MAC addresses, exceptional switch-over time of less than 2s is achieved.
Fully redundant option (RipEX2-RD) without any controller and switching is available for RipEX2. Redundant connection of connected technology and redundant antennas are mandatory whereas they are optional for RipEX2-HS.
LED panels, HW alarm outputs, SNMP traps and standard RipEX units inside makes RipEX-HS configuration and control quite easy and maintenance can be done by anyone familiar with RipEX.
There are two standard RipEX units with identical configurations inside RipEX-HS. Both units are booted, however only one is active. The interfaces – Ethernet, COM, (SFP), Antenna of the second unit are disconnected.
When the active unit status changes to “down” (when a controlled value exceeds the respective threshold), the controller automatically switches all interfaces to the second unit and it takes over all functions. Since both units are using the same MAC addresses (MAC cloning), there is a minimal drop-out while switching, less than 2s.
Possible controlled values are:
RSS, DQ, TXLost[%] – lost packets on Radio channel, Ucc – power voltage, Temp – inside temperature, PWR – RF power, VSWR – reflected RF power, ETH[Rx/Tx], COM1[Rx/Tx], COM2[Rx/Tx] – No of received/transmitted packets on respective interfaces
SNMP trap with each switch-over can be sent (depending on configuration) to central SNMP management.
RipEX2-HS – DI/DO interfaces on RipEX2 units are used for interconnection with controller, i.e. not available for user. Sleep input, HW alarm input and output on Power and control connector on RipEX2 units are switched and can be used by user. They are available on DC Power and control connector on controller.
- Auto – primary active is RipEX “A”, when it fails, controller automatically switches-over to RipEX “B”
- Auto toggle – the same as Auto mode, in addition after set time controller automatically switches-over to RipEX “B”, even if “A” doesn’t have any alarm and uses “B” for set period in order to confirm that RipEX “B” is fully ready-to-operate
- A – only RipEX “A” is active and controller will never switch to RipEX “B”
- B – only RipEX “B” is active and controller will never switch to RipEX “A”
- Operating modes can be set by HW switch on the front panel. RipEX2-HS “Auto toggle” mode is configured by SW when “Auto” is set on the switch.
- 3 year warranty
- -40 to +70 °C
- Industrial hardened design
- Heavy-duty industrial components
- Components sourced exclusively from manufactures / authorised dealers
- Industrial rugged case
- Chassis also serves as a passive cooler for the units
- Tested in a climatic chamber (hot/cold) and in real traffic
- Software free controller – switching between units based on HW alarm output only
- A faulty RipEX unit can be replaced at anytime without traffic disruption
- Standard RipEX units inside, i.e. the same diagnostics available
- Hot-standby parameters are configured in mounted RipEX unit(s), i.e. standard RipEX configuration features are available
- Remote configuration using Fast remote access possible for both units
- Four HW alarms outputs
- Standard HW alarms of units “A” and “B”
- Alarm of HS controller
- Switch alarm – informs of active unit failure and controller switch-over to the back-up unit
- Two HW digital inputs (RipEX2-HS only)
- Either “A” or “B” unit can be selected as the primary one in “Auto“ mode
- Two power supplies, operating independently for “A” and “B” units
- Independent power connectors, switches and fuses on rear panel, i.e. possibility to use different input power phases in order to further increase reliability of AC power model
- Different HW models
- 100 – 240 VAC
- 36 – 60 VDC, positive grounding possible
- 18 – 30 VDC, positive grounding possible (RipEX2-HS only)
- 10 – 30 VDC
- “RipEX-HSB – Battery pack” (RipEX-HS only)
- For AC power model
- Separate batteries for RipEX “A” and “B”
- Batteries are charged-up from RipEX-HS
- Individual 19″ rack 3U box
- Space for 4x 12 V / 7.2 Ah, FASTON.250 (6,3 mm), e.g. Panasonic LC-R127R2P
- Approx. 10 hours of RipEX-HS operation
|The same as RipEX units used||The same as RipEX2 units used|
|Switch-over time||< 2 s|
|Primary power||HW models||HW models|
|100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz
36 – 60 VDC, positive grounding possible
|11 – 30 VDC||10 – 30 VDC
18 – 30 VDC, positive grounding possible
|Individual power supply for each unit|
|Power consumption||HS own consumption typically <10 W (+ 1× Rx + 1× Rx/Tx of individual units)|
For AC power model
Output 2 x 24 V / 7.2 Ah
|Ethernet||3× 10/100Base-T Auto MDI/MDIX, RJ45||1× 10/100/1000 Base-T Auto MDI/MDIX, RJ45|
|COM 1||RS232, DB9F
300 – 115 200 bps
|RS232/RS485 SW configurable, DB9F
300 bps – 1 Mbps
|COM 2||RS232/RS485 SW configurable, DB9F, 300–115 200 bps||No|
|USB||USB 1.1 / Host A, for each RipEX unit||USB 3.0 / Host A, for each RipEX2 unit|
|Antenna||N-female(s) / 50 Ohms|
|HW models||HW models|
|IP Code (Ingress Protection)||IP20||IP30|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||> 500.000 hours (> 50 years)||> 900 000 (> 100 years)|
|Operating temperature||–10 to +60 °C (14 to 140 °F) – standard
–40 to +70 °C (-40 to + 158 °F) – optionally
|–40 to +70 °C (-40 to +158 °F)|
|Humidity||5 to 95% non-condensing|
|Storage||−40 to +85 °C (−40 to +185 °F) / 5 to 95 % non-condensing|
|Internal fans||Automatically start-up when temperature exceeds 50 °C||No|
|Dimensions||19″ rack 3U
482 W × 401 D × 133 H mm
(18,98 × 15.79 × 5,24 in)
|19″ rack 3U
442 W × 392D × 120H mm
(17.40 × 15.43 × 4.72 in)
|Weight||7.1 kg (15.7 lbs), RipEX unit exl.
9.1 kg (20.1 lbs), RipEX unit incl.
|8.9 kg (19.6 lbs), RipEX2 unit exl.
12.1 kg (26.7 lbs), RipEX2 unit incl.
|Diagnostics and Management|
|Same tools as with standard RipEX units used|
|LED panels||Standard RipEX LED panel: Power, ETH, COM1, COM2, Rx, Tx, Status
HS controller – for each unit: Active, Power supply, Battery, Alarm
|Standard RipEX2 LED panel: SYS, AUX, RX, TX, COM
HS controller: A, AUTO, B, SFP
|HW Alarm outputs||RipEX A, RipEX B, Switch, Power||RipEX2 A, RipEX2 B, Controller, General alarm|
RipEX2-HS accessory kit shipped with every unit
- Interconnecting Ethernet cable (RipEX2 units – controller), 4 pcs
- Interconnecting Power cable (RipEX2 units – controller), 2 pcs
- Interconnecting COM cable + connector screws (RipEX2 units – controller), 2 pcs
- Fuse (250V/2A), 2 pcs
- DC Power and control connector plug (controller), 1 pc